Update and Player training survey
Dear HPW Players and Parents
Over the last week we have received more information about the 2020 season. There is a staged return to football, which is great news. At this stage, the lifting of restrictions relates to training only, and so the return to football is as follows:
– Training only – no games (either trial games or games during training sessions)
– Non-contact drills only (eg dribbling, passing, running with the ball, rondos)
– Only 10 people including the coach to be in each training area (1/4 pitch)
– No additional people attending training (parents to drop their children off and wait in the car or similar)
We realise that not everyone will be willing to return to training at this stage and that some people may not be able to for personal reasons.
For this reason to help us plan, we have prepared a short survey, in which we ask you to let us know about your intentions about training FOR THE PERIOD FROM 1 JUNE to 1 JULY. The link to the survey is below. We are asking everyone who is registered for this season to complete this survey (please complete once only for each player in your family)
The reason we are asking only about June and training is that we expect to have more details of the 2020 competition season in the next week. Broadly, we anticipate that the season will begin in July, run for 14 rounds without a finals series. We will send more information and again survey you about your plans when we have more information.
Some of the current restrictions (particularly the number of players in an a training area) may be relaxed more over the next 2-3 weeks, but we are proceeding with planning using the current guidelines. We will also not begin training until we have confirmation from CDSFA and Canterbury Bankstown Council for our local area in terms of meeting local guidelines. No training will begin until this has been confirmed. Please do not expect your coach or team to begin training until we let you know.
As part of the required safety measures in addition to those above:
– Attendance records will be kept for all training sessions
– Hand sanitiser will be available for use before and after training and during breaks in training (we encourage players to bring their own, but will have it available)
– No sharing of bibs
– Minimal handling of the ball (throw ins discouraged)
– Regular cleaning of equipment such as cones, poles etc
– (this goes without saying) No sharing of water bottles, no spitting
We want to note a number of important points that we are putting in place:
– Training during this period will be voluntary for all participants – we understand there will be some players/parents who will not be willing to train, and we respect that.
– o one is to attend training if they have symptoms that could be related to COVID19 or if they are known to or have possibly come in contact with a person with COVID19.
– No one is to attend training if they have returned from overseas in the previous 2 weeks.
– To manage demand on the fields and ensure physical distancing training sessions will be shorter than the usual 1.5 hours. There will also be a 15 minute gap between training sessions.
– Players will need to arrive prepared to train (ie fully kitted out).
Please note that we are NOT at this stage processing requests for refunds. We understand that there will be some requests to de-register for various reasons. While we will respect the right of people to seek to deregister, and will refund players who cannot play this season, we cannot process refunds because we do not yet know what our liabilities are to Football NSW and CDSFA.
We thank everyone for their patience during this period and please get in contact if you have questions.
On behalf of the HPW Committee
Comments are closed