COVID19 UPDATE 15 March 2020
Dear Hurlstone Park Wanderers players, parents and supporters
Welcome to the 2020 season. By now you should be hearing about team placement, training and games. As you can imagine, this will be a challenging start to the season, with the emerging situation with the COVID19 pandemic and response. This is the reason for this email. As you have no doubt seen, all sporting bodies nationwide are having to adapt to a rapidly changing situation, and community football is also in this situation.
We are writing to provide a brief update in relation to the impact of COVID19 on our game. We are in regular touch with our governing bodies (CDSFA and Football NSW) about how this will impact on pre-season and regular season games, and we are monitoring information from the State and Commonwealth government, FFA, Football NSW and the CDSFA, and we will keep our members informed as new information becomes available.
Safety of players and their families is paramount. For this reason it is essential that we follow all guidelines from health and football authorities to maintain safety, as well as exercising common sense in terms of measures to minimise transmission.
The best sources of advice and guidance are the following, and we encourage everyone to follow this guidance:
At this stage, training and pre-season games are going ahead, but please keep in touch with us via your manager, age coordinator or committee members. We will also post information on our social media.
Our key points of advice are as follows:
- Do not come to training or to games if you are feeling unwell, or have respiratory symptoms (runny nose, cough, sneezing, sore throat) or other related symptoms (headache, fever, nausea).
- If you have recently returned from overseas, particularly from the identified high risk countries, do not come to training or games until 14 days have elapsed.
- If you have been in contact with a confirmed COVID19 case, do not come to training or games until at least 14 days have elapsed.
- Wash your hands with soap and water regularly, and use hand sanitiser if soap and water is not available.
- Do not share water bottles or other equipment that may come in contact with body fluids.
- Maintain social distance at training and games – for this reason we are asking everyone to replace handshakes or hugs with nods, waves and other friendly affirmation.
- Avoid touching your face.
- While it should go without saying, do not spit (even on the ground) at training or games.
Please also be mindful that there may be players who have reasons to be anxious about the spread of this virus related to their personal circumstances, and that they may not want to disclose. Respect the right of players to be absent from training or games. And understand that this might be the reason that games or training are cancelled.
We do expect that there will be disruption to the start of the season because of measures to minimise transmission of COVID19. These measures are designed to slow the spread of the virus and reduce pressure on the health system. Please be patient, and respect the fact that these are challenging times for everyone.
We have a number of club events that are scheduled in the next few weeks, including Skills Training, Coach Education sessions, and our Coach and Manager and Senior Teams Information Nights. At this stage we have not postponed or cancelled events but we keeping a watch and will update if we decide to do so. We are also expecting a range of measures in relation to how and when games will go ahead. As a Committee we are meeting this week, and will update you as any new information comes to light.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with your age coordinator, or any of the following:
|Steve Cumming||Member Protection Officer||MPIO@hurlstoneparkwanderers.com.au||0402981018|
|Terry Wong||Vice President and Coaching Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org||0411604813|
Please also keep an eye on our facebook page and our website for updates.
Thank you for your patience and understanding,
15 March 2020
Comments are closed